Heading to Tokyo, Japan to lead (1) 40-Hour Aerial Yoga Teacher Training and (2) 16-Hour Mellow Flow Teacher Trainings at 'avity Aerial Yoga.
OM Factory School of Yoga (OFSY) is based in New York City with outposts in Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan and Thailand. Over the past five years, Om Factory has become a respected international training center for Aerial Yoga Teachers.
40-HOUR AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
- Wednesday 2/28: 9:00 - 19:00 (Daikanyama Studio)
- Thursday 3/1: 12:15 - 19:00 (Daikanyama Studio)
- Friday 3/2: 12:15 - 19:00 (Daikanyama Studio)
- Saturday 3/3: 18:00 - 22:45 (Shinagawa Studio)
- Sunday 3/4: 18:00 - 22:45 (Shinagawa Studio)
- Saturday 3/10: 18:00 - 22:45 (Shinagawa Studio)
- Sunday 3/11: 18:00 - 22:45 (Shinagawa Studio)
OFSY’s 40-Hour Aerial Yoga Teacher Training (AYTT) is intended to give Certified Yoga Teachers the necessary tools to lead safe, intelligent and dynamic Aerial Yoga classes. Dedicated students looking to deepen their knowledge and take their practice to a new level are also welcome to participate.
Om Factory's particular style of Aerial Yoga was developed over several years by its Core Aerial Faculty and continues to be shaped by our aerial community. It is heavily rooted in and inspired by a traditional yoga practice. Despite the eye-catching glitz of circus-inspired acrobatics, yoga is our meat & potatoes; circus is dessert.
Modules in the 40-Hour Course include:
- Aerial Asana
- Aerial Alignment
- Embodied Anatomy
- Philosophy of Flight
- Teaching Skills
- Sequencing and Transitions
- Modifications, Assists & Adjustments
- Rigging & Safety
Trainees will receive:
- OFSY’s 300+-page, full-color manual, breaking down Aerial Yoga Asana, Conditioning Exercises and Basic Cirque.
- Access to Om Factory’s online library of Cirque
- A certificate of completion from OFSY
Upon completion of this seven-day course, trainees will have the tools they need to begin teaching Level 1 and Open Level Aerial Yoga Classes.
16-HOUR AERIAL MELLOW FLOW TRAININGS:
- Course #1: Monday March 5 - Wednesday March 7, 12:30 - 18:20 Daily
- Course #2: Friday March 9, Monday March 12 and Tuesday March 13, 12:30 - 18:20 Daily
Aerial Mellow Flow is Om Factory’s answer to a Restorative Aerial Yoga Practice, created by Kevin Bigger in collaboration with his colleagues and students. This class uses the aerial hammock as a tool to create sacred space in the body, mind and spirit. A slow-moving Aerial Yoga flow gently warms the body in preparation for a series of long holds in poses inspired by yin and restorative yoga. Practical applications of pranayama and meditation techniques are often woven into the sequence as well. This exploration makes use of the aerial hammock much closer to the ground than in a general Aerial Yoga class.
This three-day training will include:
- Sample Classes in this method taught by its creator
- Detailed breakdowns of over 30 Mellow Poses, all included in a 90-page, full color manual
- Discussion of multiple class sequencing strategies
- Certificate from Om Factory School of Yoga upon completion of 100% of training hours
While it would be helpful to have prior experience either teaching or taking Aerial Yoga Classes prior to enrolling in this training, it is designed to be open to any teacher who is interested in adding a new skill set to their toolbox. Interested students who want to treat themselves to three full days of relaxing in the aerial hammocks are also welcome to join.